How many of you love the taste of avocado? We, at Tedboy Bakery, love it too!
High nutrient value, good texture and flavour, avocado is the main ingredient in guacamole (and it’s absolutely delicious too!). Being a low-carb fruit, avocados do not contain any cholesterol or sodium, hence earning itself being referred as a ‘superfood’.
Here are some facts about avocado:
- Power-packed with loads of nutrients
- Contains more potassium than bananas (for your healthy blood pressure levels)
- Heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (promotes a healthy heart!)
- Fully loaded with fiber (contribution to weight loss and reduces blood sugar spikes)
- Can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels (reduces heart disease risks too)
- Antioxidants for your eyes (lower the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts)
Besides all of that, avocado is simply delectable and easy to incorporate into your diet as it go well with all sorts of food. You can add them to salads, various recipes, or just have it plain!
At Tedboy Bakery, you can try our avocado recipe:
Salmon Avocado Sandwich - Smoked Salmon on cream cheese, with avocado, cucumber, rocket, dried cranberries and toasted almond slices on our homemade sourdough.
Otherwise, here are some creative ideas to avocado-ise your meal!
- Avocado Egg Salad - instead of an egg-mayo mix, replace mayo with avocado mash!
- Incorporate avocado in your smoothie making - Mango & Avocado sounds absolutely yummy!
- Your pasta sauce - lighten up your usual basil pesto without any added oil… but with avocado! You’ll get the creamy texture that you want with this tip.
- Salad dressing - blend avocado, cilantro and lime together with sour-cream (some additional spices for taste), and you’ve got your own homemade healthy dressing or sauce, that you can use it on anything, and everything!
- Egg And Smoked Ham Salad - two of your favourite easy meal: egg and ham, together with healthy greens and avocado pieces, YUMS!
How do you like your avocado?
Let us know and perhaps it can be added into our future menu!